– Occupational therapy (OT) treatment focuses on helping children (infants through adolescents) with physical (fine and gross motor), cognitive, and sensory disabilities so that they can be as independent as possible in all areas of their lives. OT can help children with various needs improve their cognitive, physical, sensory, emotional and motor skills and ultimately improve their behaviors, their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment.
– Sensory processing (also referred to as “sensory integration” or SI) is a term that refers to the way the nervous system takes in messages from our senses and turns them into appropriate motor and behavioral responses. Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD, formerly known as “sensory integration dysfunction”) is a condition that exists when sensory signals don’t get organized into appropriate responses. A person with SPD finds it difficult to process and act upon information received through the senses, which creates challenges in performing countless everyday tasks. Motor clumsiness, behavioral problems, anxiety, depression, school challenges, and other impacts may result if the disorder is not treated effectively. Symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder, like those of most disorders, occur within a broad spectrum of severity. While most of us have occasional difficulties processing sensory information, for children and adults with SPD, these difficulties are chronic, and they disrupt everyday life(spdfoundation.net).
– Our goal is to get your child evaluated as quickly as possible. After the initial evaluation, parents meet with the evaluating therapist in a formal face-to-face meeting to discuss findings. Parents/guardians are presented with a comprehensive and detailed evaluation report. If services are deemed necessary and agreed upon by all parties, therapy services will begin as soon as possible.
– In2Great! is in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Choice & Aetna.
– Our billing department submits to both in-network (BCBS PPO/BCBS Blue Choice/Aetna) and out-of-network insurance companies so that parents have one less thing to worry about! We handle all the billing for you.
We would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Please contact us and someone will get back with you as soon as possible.