Everything you need to know about Social Skills Groups:
Our social skills groups take an integrated approach in working with children. At In2Great!, we pride ourselves on our multidisciplinary focus, where we can observe each child from a variety of lenses. Be strive to integrate emotion, language, body and cognition. We focus on empowering, improving self-esteem, self awareness and self-advocacy. Children who may struggle socially in other environments can find a consistent opportunity to have their individualized needs met in our nurturing, safe and fun environment.
- Run by multiple therapists (2 therapist minimum)
- Social Worker with either OT or SLP support
- After school
- Groups available for all ages (3-18 years old)
- Up to 5 children per group
- Insurance eligible
- Frequent curriculum used in groups:
- Social Thinking
- Sensory Integration
- Zones of Regulation
- Alert Program (“How Does Your Engine Run”)
- Primary areas of focus:
- Managing Emotions &Impulses
- Flexibility in Thinking
- Appropriate Interactions
- Initiating Interactions
- Sustaining Interactions &
- Concluding interactions
- Verbal & Non-verbal Skill Building
- Reading & Processing Social Cues
- Perspective Taking
- Negotiation/Compromising/Turn Taking
- Self-Advocacy & Dealing with Bullies
- Fun Group Outings/Exploring the Community!
- Contact us today to hear more about our Social Skills Groups!
Have a Question?
We would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Please contact us and someone will get back with you as soon as possible.